It’s Friday, take a deep breath and say hello to the weekend! White is a brave head-to-toe choice for winter but a welcome one nonetheless. This season, detox from clashing prints and loud colours and go with a blank canvas, clean, precise folds and tailored pieces. White is refreshing, calming and definitely makes a statement – and that is always OK, whatever the season.
A glass of water in a pretty glass with a slice of lemon
Skinny jeans with studs down the side, Mr Price
Chanel Paris sunglasses, Depuis 1924
Studio crop-top, Zara
Boxy leather messenger bag, Topshop
Chanel UV Essentiel complete sunscreen broad spectrum SPF 50, Nordstom
And because it’s Friday – and especially if you’re in Cape Town where we’re headed for a wet 11°C – take 15 minutes (that’s all you need) to whip up a hot chocolate, Spanish style. Inspired by the colour white (just because this cutlery is so lovely), make this your weekend treat – it is delicious. We found the recipe on La Receta de la Felicidad.
To make six cups you will need:
• 30g cornstarch
• 1 litre milk
• 250g dark chocolate
• 100g sugar
• Optional: cinnamon or vanilla
1. Whisk together the cornstarch and 1/2 cup of milk until smooth.
2. Bring the remaining milk and sugar to a boil over medium heat.
3. Whisk in the chocolate and stir until smooth, whisking continuously.
4. Whisk in the cornstarch mixture and continue whisking until the mixture thickens (remember that it will become thicker as it cools). Serve immediately with churros.
You’ll find more weekend treats here.
And if you like the white enamel cutlery as much as I do, feast your eyes here!
Breakfast bowl and mug, This is Paper