We are looking for the right person to join us as a PR intern. Here’s what you need to know:
The position is a paid internship. You must want a career in lifestyle and fashion PR and the right person for the job will be hard-working and dedicated, and someone who is looking to gain insight into and experience into the fashion PR industry. You will be assisting with the day-today working of the office, running errands, collecting and returning items for shoots and doing magazine drop-offs (which means that you have to have your own transport).
We are looking for someone who is:
- available to start immediately and able to work three mornings per week.
- professional in the way you communicate and interact with clients, press and co-workers whatever the situation and whatever the deadline pressure.
- studying toward a degree/diploma in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, Business or Marketing (This is a plus but not essential.)
- has PR experience
- has strong social media and digital skills
- able to work to deadlines and multitask efficiently.
- has excellent written and verbal communication skills
- is extremely organized, and
- has a laptop/computer.
Lastly, a sense of humour will come in handy and a pair of heels is obligatory for launches and events.
Where we work:
You will be joining us at the super-cool Woodstock Exchange so you need to be Cape Town-based.
The hours: three times per week from 9am – 1pm
Email a covering letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title ‘Internship application’ in the subject line by 1 October.