Shades of toffee, caramel, whiskey, cognac, burnt orange and browns are the hues we’re oohing over, from head-to-toe. Be inspired by this colour palette, its warmth and richness.
Dimpsy dials print A-line coat, MatchesFashion.com
Tortoiseshell sunglasses, Prada available at Luxottica (0861 486 100)
Watch, Emporio Armani (011 483 2644)
Mineralize Skinfinish Natural, M.A.C (011 516 3000)
Bodycon dress, Mr Price
Skinsheen Leg Spray M.A.C (great for winter for an instant tan) / (011 516 3000).
Tassled moccasins, Zara (011 302 1500 / 031 536 6440 / 021 446 8700)
Envelope holder, Kat Van Duinen
Tom ford nail lacquer in Bitter Bitch, Neiman Marcus
Try this at home:
We’re having a caramel moment and a definite obsession with natural locks too. Try seventies-meets-forties hair worn flat to the top of the head with a severe side parting and soft waves, the perfect accessory and way to complete our look above. Colour, is key here – go for rich and warm tones in reds or golden browns. So feminine, so classic! Want to know how to get the look? At Bottega Veneta, Guido (Redken creative consultant) worked his magic for big bounce, cascading curls and a definite 40’s feel for Fall 2013 and here’s how:
Top tip: more is more here – more of the right product – the more volume.
And another top tip: leave the top 5 centimeters out of the pin-curls for a ‘40s feel.
1. Use Redken Guts 10 Volumizing Spray Foam from roots to ends to create volume and roughly blow-dry hair.
2. Make a deep side part. Use Hot Sets 22 Thermal setting mist to protect hair from heat and aid in holding the shape of the curls.
3. Start to pin hair in small sections and curl sections with a small curling iron. Making sure to leave the top 5 centimeters on the top half of your head uncurled. Pin each curl to the head with setting pins as you curl.
4. When finished curling, leave curls to set. Then unpin each curl.
5. When finished unpinning each curl, run fingers lightly through curls and gently brush out with a bristle brush to add more volume.
6. Backbrush the top front section and then sweep the section across the forehead and secure in place with a bobby (slide) pin.
Love, love, love!
Images: Supplied and Vogue